A Bilingual Family Reading Adventure was held
TUESDAYS, 6-7:30 P.M.
March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
at the Kinsley Library
BOOKWALK was a free, 5-week program for all Kindergarten thru 3rd grade children and their parents to help families connect with the Kinsley Library though reading and discussion.
Each week, participants joined together for a light supper followed by reading two children’s books written in both English and Spanish. Everyone then had the opportunity to discuss the events and ideas in the books.
BOOKWALK offered families a time to share ideas and encourage reading and success in school. Library resources and services were highlighted to assist families in becoming active library patrons and life-long learners.
SEE PICTURES AND VIDEO
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- City of Kinsley for Community Room
- USD 347 Kinsley Offerle Schools
- USD 502 Lewis School
- Shirley Watson
- Lisa Sparke, Colony Floral
- Becky Hatch
- KAYS Club of USD 347
- Kinsley Library
- Community Grant from Midwest Energy
- Kinsley PEO — CQ Chapter
- Beta Sigma Phi – Iota Gamma Chapter
- Irish Heritage Organization
- Beta Sigma Phi – Xi Zeta Omega
- Kinsley Rotary